Job Hunting Tips
צוות iSavta | 12.11.2019
A thorough preparation for a job interview can save you a lot of time. We've compiled a list of a few questions you can ask over the phone and during the face to face interview, hoping you can look for a job more efficiently.
Basically, the whole process is meant to decide if you like the job and if the employer likes you. The following questions can help you make the decision easier.
When you talk over the phone, you might want to ask the following questions. Some negative answers can save you the trouble of attending the more personal meeting.
- What is the age/health situation of the elderly?
- Is the family Religious/Non-religious? Jewish / Arab?
- Does the employer have a ready visa?
- Is it the first time to have a caregiver? If not, what happened to the former caregiver?
- Is it a stay-in, stay-out, 24/7 job?
- What is the salary?
Meeting the employer/ In-charge interview
The purpose of the face-to-face meeting is double: seeing if there's chemistry with the elderly and checking the physical environment. You can ask the following, if you see fit:
- Ask a brief background of the elderly (remember you are working 24/6 or 24/7 with the employer)
- Who is directly in charge of the elderly?
- How is the salary paid?
- What is required to do as part of the job? Day to day activities?
- When is the starting date?
Personal tip from iSavta: Listen to your intuition. Decide on a job that fits your capability. Health is wealth.
הרשמו ומצאו מטפלים כעת!