The Art Of Letting Go: Moving On From Heartbreaks and Disappointments II
The iSavta Team | 12.11.2019
Disappointment will sink in when those happiness will suddenly vanish right in our very eyes. Death, infidelity, betrayal are just few of the reasons why people must learn the Art of Letting Go. These painful realities are just 'round the corner of our world hiding and sneaking ready to take away the things that are important to us, leaving us vulnerable to pain.
It is also human nature to immediately find ways to stop the pain instead of letting ourselves accept the painful truth and learn to let go. Finding ways to stop the pain is impossible but we let ourselves believe that denial and clinging more to those things or person will give us back the feeling of security and completeness. But we will end up more disappointed and the pain, which we eagerly trying to avoid, will be more intense and deadly.
To continue with our article, here are some more tips on how to let go and move on:
6. FORGIVE BUT DO NOT FORGET. According to Paulo Coelho, Forgive but do not forget, or you will be hurt again. Forgiving changes the perspectives. Forgetting loses the lesson. Once you'll learn to forgive, it will be easier to let go. Forgiveness means releasing all the negativity and bitterness inside you and allowing yourself to accept the fact that things will not be the same way again. Hoarding grudges to someone will just make your moving on process more difficult to survive. But forgiving is not the same as forgetting. In every failure or disappointment, there's always a lesson to learn. If you will forget, you will lose the sole purpose of these circumstances and you may end up getting hurt again.
7. LAUGH IT OUT. Let go of the stress as much as possible. Learn to control your thoughts and replace the bad memories with new and happy ones. Enjoy a day with friends and try to avoid negative thoughts. Have a good laugh by watching a funny videos on youtube or DVDs. Take a few days break out of facebook or other social network sites that might remind you of what you're going through.
8. FRIEND YOURSELF: It's to hard to let go when you already grown dependent to someone or something in particular. Do not depend your sense of worth on other people. Always believe that you are worthy even if the world let you believe that you are not. Go for it alone sometimes. Take time to do things alone. Like eating in a restaurant, go shopping, finding a new hobby or choosing a nice pair of shoes.
9. KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST: Even if you starve and kill yourself of thinking about it over and over again, you cannot change anything. What's done is done. There's no other possible way to get yourself out of the burden but to accept the fact that you cannot turn back time. It's just a matter of turning the page or closing the book. If you choose to turn the page, then be ready for the unknown chapters. But if you choose to close the book, then you are ready for another story.
10. DON'T LOSE HOPE: If God asks you to put down something, it is because He wants you to pick up something better. Someday somewhere, everything will fall into place and you will be much happier. Always believe that the things you lose will always find it's way to go back to you. But not in the way you expect it to be. It is in a perfect way, in God's perfect time.